In December 2017 we asked players to complete a survey. The purpose of the survey was to get feedback on the plans for interclub 2018. A copy of the full results of the survey can be found below.
Thank you to everyone who completed the survey, it was great to get your feedback.
Below is a summary of recommendations agreed by the Squash Canterbury Board and implemented for 2018;
- Spring & Summer Interclub competitions will be a social framework for players of all abilities and ages, within greater Christchurch to play competitive squash with the emphasis on fun! A certificate will be presented to the teams that win the division titles and a fair play award and Best Host Club awards to be introduced.
- Autumn & Winter Interclub competitions will be a framework for players of all abilities and ages to play competitive squash within greater Christchurch. Trophies will be awarded to the teams who win their division titles.
- Prizes to be awarded on the night of the finals.
- All Interclub games will be played for grading points
- Women do not have to play Women’s interclub competition to play in the Men’s Summer & Spring interclub competitions.
- Women MUST play Women’s interclub competition to play in the Men’s Autumn & Winter Interclub competitions
- Over 60% agreed with the proposed competition balls. It was agreed to stay with the proposal and suggested that for 2019 it is looked at again along with squash NZ potentially changing scores to par 11.