17 Dec 2019
Spring Junior Interclub Competition
Great to see some excellent results this term from many of our junior players competing in our Junior Interclub competition. This term we had 62 players competing across 4 divisions. Thank you to Mike Bartosh, Charlotte Robb and Carla Paton-Jones for overseeing games weekly this term, without your support the competition would not run as smoothly as it does.
Congratulations to Dylan Dopleach of Christchurch Squash club for winning our Anderson & Hill Male Most Improved Squash Player award. Dylan started playing competition squash in August and can boast a 72% win rate, well done Dylan. Dylan is a motivated and keen player making the most of all the opportunities available to develop his skills through practise.
Congratulations also to Georgie van Herel of Christchurch Football Squash club for winning our Anderson & Hill Female Most Improved Squash Player award. Georgie is a well-known squash player and has really enjoyed the games our Division 1 competition has given her this term. Georgie is a regular player in our Junior 2100 series and Girls Tournament series and this award is the result of lots of hard work this year given to developing her game. Well done Georgie.
Other players who have made significant progress with their game include;
- Tavish McGregor – Christchurch Football Squash Club
- Harrison Brindley – Mt Pleasant Squash Club
- Ari Martin – Christchurch Squash Club
- Ryan Gillman – Burnside Squash Club
- Eli Muir – Burnside Squash Club
- Ethan Garrett – Christchurch Squash Club
- Rory Forsyth – Christchurch Football Squash Club
- Corby Allison – Burnside Squash Club
- Max Dillion-Roberts – Burnside Squash Club
- Tanisha Butt – Rangiora Squash Club
- Amber Hema Houkamau-Mason – Christchurch Football Squash Club
- Maria Coade – Christchurch Football Squash Club
- Alyssa Bartosh – Burnside Squash Club
- Sofia Strange – Christchurch Squash Club
Our Summer competition will begin on the 10th of February with a Rules & Referee session as we endeavour to continue to develop both knowledge and confidence in our Junior players with this aspect of the game. These sessions are a great time to also remind both Parents and Players “These are kids, this is a game, and our referees are learning”. This Slogan is in poster format and will be visible in 2020 at all venues to reinforce this message next year.
Entries close on the 26th of January for the summer competition, please let your club know you are interested in playing early so as not to avoid disappointment. Have a wonderful Christmas break I look forward to seeing your court side in 2020.