Squash Canterbury Awards
2018 Service to Squash Receipants
Margaret Thornton - Burnside
- Burnside Squash would like to acknowledge the voluntary work Margaret Thornton has done at our Club over the many years she has been involved with our club.
- She is always available to help out at our many tournaments and events and is a regular cheerful face at working bees and the like.
- Margaret has also been involved with our monthly Golden Oldies group of past players, bridging the gap between them and the current players and supporting the annual Ladies’ Lunch. She is always an enthusiastic interclub player and one of those contributing to our Best Interclub Host Award this year.
- This year Marg was asked if she would take on the role of catering manager for the recently held E-Grade Superchamps. She accepted this role without hesitation and performed admirably, co-ordinating her team of volunteers brilliantly and generously committing many hours of her own time to the overall running of the kitchen. As well all of this, she also found time to provide delicious home-baking for the participants to enjoy. Many compliments were passed on to the tournament director about the high standard of catering for this tournament.
- Margaret embodies the spirit of our club and always has a welcoming smile and chat for any newcomers and supporting other club members.