2018 Coach of the Year
Below is a list of his achievements this year:
- Adam runs the Christchurch Football Squash Club’s Junior programme every Wednesday, which attracts 45+ juniors split across three groups.
- The Football Squash Club has one hour of coaching available for all new members which he co-ordinates.
- He also provides individual coaching. He has coached 7 nationally ranked players from the Football Squash Club, being Ruby Turnbull, Petra Curd-McCullough, Caitlin Millard, Ella Knutson, Grace Hymers, Jack Lamb and Harry O’Loughlin.
- He ran fitness sessions at the Football Squash club at the beginning of the year, prior to the main squash season starting, and a lot of members are keenly looking forward to the next fitness sessions being held in November this year.
- He has mentored Emma Cormack and Charlie Barker in their coaching development, and both now take on a significant amount of coaching work at the club and beyond.
- For the 7th year he has worked with St Andrews College developing squash at their school. This year there has seen a record number of 16 attendees with two teams in the inter-district school’s competition, both winning their divisions.
- His coaching influences have been recognised this year with Squash Canterbury giving Adam the role of both the Canterbury Senior and Junior teams coach, and Squash New Zealand selecting him as the Emerging Boys and Junior Boys Development Squads Assistant Coach, along with his role as the South Island Representative within the National Junior Selector panel.