Canterbury Junior Team Managers
We are looking to appoint two managers to manage the Canterbury Junior Teams at the NZ Junior Nationals 4th – 10th October 2018 at Northshore Squash Club, one for the Girl’s Junior Team and one for the Boy’s Junior Team.
An outline of the role’s responsibilities and duties can be found below. The Managers travel, accommodation and food will be funded by Squash Canterbury.
If you have any further questions or would like to find out more, contact either;
Lawrence Skurr firstname.lastname@example.org or 0274817926
Karen Boag email@example.com
Expressions of interested to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 13th August.
Responsible to: Lawrence Skurr, Squash Canterbury Board Member
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaise with team members and coaches ensuring that they are informed of training times, meeting times, etc.
- Adjudicate any problems that may arise amongst team members, the coach and supporters
- Act as liaison officer between Squash Canterbury and the team
- Co-ordinate transport, accommodation, playing gear and any requirements by the event organiser
- Liaise with the team selectors prior to the event to determine the playing order and Manage the playing order during the event.
- To travel to the event with the team
- Ensuring all welfare and safety requirements for the team are met, including doctors, physio, etc, and being present at the team accommodation overnight.
- At the event, co-ordinate team meeting with players and coach each morning, attend the managers meeting, arrange all food and meals, take photos of the team, and update Squash Canterbury at the end of each day with the results.
- Post event, write up a summary of the event including, a commentary and full results. Email the report and photos of the team to Squash Canterbury at email@example.com within 24 hours of the conclusion of the event.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with players, coaches and administrators
- Strong organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of the selection procedures and rules/regulations of the competition